Continuous Improvement Manufacturing Consultants.
We help people reduce costs, Improve Process, Production, Productivity and Profits.
- Reduction of Waste.
- The Reduction of Costs.
- Improvement of Process, Productivity, Production.
- Deals with “CHANGE” optimization of complex processes or systems: Development – Improvement – Implementation – Process Control – Standardization…
- Deals with Factory Process Layouts – Process Methods – Product Build Time – Machine Down Time – Product Build Quality – Scrap and Rejects – Tooling Issues – Materials Organisation – Written Procedures – Manning Levels – Analysis and Synthetics of Production Data…
LEAN 6 Sigma: Methodology: Turning ideas into reality.
- Define- The Root Cause, Benefits to the customer, Benefits to the company.
- Measure- Aspects of the current process and collect relevant data.
- Analyse- The data to verify root causes.
- Improve- The process based on data collected.
- Control- The process. Create Standard Operating Procedures.
Seven Wastes: Reduction of Non-Value Operation.
- Transportation- Excessive movement of product between operations.
- Inventory- Over Stocked Materials sat on a shelf collecting dust.
- Motion- Movement of the body. Reaching, Bending, Walking.
- Waiting- People Idle not producing. Waiting for parts or people.
- Over Production- Making too many or too much, parts not required.
- Over Processing- Too many operations in the process. End-to-End.
- Defects- Re-Works, Repairs due to a build, drawing, machining error.
- Resources- People. The 8th Waste…
5S: ( Housekeeping )
- SORT. What is needed, Remove what is not needed.
- SET.Organise What is Needed.
- SHINE. Tidy Area and Keep Clean.
- STANDARDIZE. Organise Process, Reduce Variation.
- SUSTAIN. Maintain with Process Controls.
Organisation of Materials, Create ORDER from DISORDER
- Optimise Stock Levels
- Management of Stock Levels
- Reduce Pick and Put-away time
- Controls that Improve Cash Flow
SMED: Tool change, m/c set-up, Reduction of time wasted
- Single Minute Exchange of Dies:
- Reduction of Changeovers
- Reduction of Machine Set Up Time
- Increased Production and Productivity
Total Planned Maintenance:- Prevention not Repair.
- To Improve Machine Uptime
- To Keep Machines Hitting Targets
- To Increase Production and Productivity
- To Increase Sales from Global Business Growth
Visual Management Control: Key Performance Indicators
- Production Target / Achieved
- Quality Yield Numbers
- Downtime Pareto
- Rejects Pareto